April 11th, 2021
- I am now working at Facebook on the Design Tools team 🎉. We build tooling to help engineers and designers create higher quality products.
- I got a chapter published in an O’Reilly book! You can read all my thoughts on “Building An SLO Culture” in Chapter 13 of Implementing Service Level Objectives.
- I moved into my own apartment - first time not living the roommate life.
- I’ve been leveling up my coffee. Invested in a nice little espresso + pour over setup and making coffee every day ☕️.
- Having my own space has created more opportunities to decorate. Bought a massive bird of paradise and some other plants to lighten up the space.
- I got vaccinated against COVID-19 💉. Excited to see normality on the horizon 🌅.
November 24th, 2019
- I just bought a new 16” Macbook Pro and excited to work on a machine that isn’t 7 years old.
- I’ve been ad-hoc facilitating for a Mindfulness and Improv group.
- I’m living in Fort Green and enjoying the Brownstone life.
- I switch from Internal Products to the Customer Operations Engineering team at Squarespace. Building all things customer support related.
- I’ve been going to the gym for the last 7 months and have added 30lbs of body.
- I’m slowing down even more and trying to figure what all the living in the present stuff means.
January 13th, 2019
- I’m still working at Squarespace in New York (and it’s still great 👍).
- I’m still living in the same apartment.
- I’m in the middle of Team Performance Workshop @ The Magnet Theater. It’s the final class in Magnet’s improv curriculum. Next week will be my first of 8 shows on the main stage.
- I’ve been simultaneously mentoring a level 1 improv class. They are a super bunch and our class show is Friday!
- I’ve been going to a bunch of dance parties such as The Get Down and Daybreaker (and I even volunteer for Daybreaker!).
- I’m still exploring all the activities New York has to offer and recently discovered The Joy List as an awesome source of events. The most recent one I tried was Skip The Small Talk.
- At the same time I’m trying to slow down a bit. I have the tendency to try and do everything, but recently I’ve been feeling spread thin. Looking to find more depth with the things I’m already involved in rather than constantly chasing new experiences.
April 22nd, 2017
- I’m working at Squarespace in New York (and it’s great 👍).
- I’m living in Brooklyn with some awesome people from the Recurse Center 🖥.
- Trying to balance exploring side interests, discovering the city and ramping up on work.
March 13th, 2017
- I’m doing a bit more work with Dooly. to get all the things tested 🛠.
- I’ve accepted a Software Engineering position at Squarespace 🎉.
- I’ll be moving to New York to enjoy the adult life for a while 👨.
January 27th, 2016
December 18th, 2016
- I’ve returned to Toronto for the holidays 🎄.
- Completed logging my time at the Recurse Center 📝.
- Visiting with friends and family.
- Finishing projects I started at RC 💻.
- Brainstorming things to do next…
September 26th, 2016
- I’ve moved to New York for the next 3 months! 🗽
- Living at FounderHouse.
- Coding at the Recurse Center. It’s amazing.
- Adding features to
- Building random things.
- Pairing with others and sharing knowledge.
- So basically sitting in one spot, coding a storm and surrounding myself with awesome people 🌟.
August 27th, 2016
- Visiting friends/family in Toronto 👫.
- Contracting and working on side projects 💻.
- Wearing a wider variety of clothes then I was able to while travelling 👔.
- Cooking again and not eating at restaurants non-stop 🍲.
- Working my way through an Indie Coffee Passport ☕️.
August 11th, 2016
- Working on Dooly.
- Catching up with friends in Vancouver.
- Making EpubPress useable by a variety of clients.
July 24th, 2016
- Completed the Salkantay trek!
- Working on various projects in Cusco while awaiting my trip to Vancouver.
July 12th, 2016
- Just arrived in Cusco, Peru. Will be settling down here until I fly back to Vancouver at the end of the month.
- Making plans to climb Machu Picchu.
- Working on ways to improve EpubPress
- Writing on Quora